Friday, April 24, 2015

My cardiologist is retiring

So I went to Hamilton this week the first few days I was there as Dad was getting In ablation done on his heart ( A procedure on his heart to fix his AF) and I was due back up the next day to see my cardiologist. When I was up there with Dad I ran into my cardiologist in the cafe and he did a small consultation there so he said not to bother to come back on Thursday, and as he is retiring he can't follow up my care, so he said it's better for him to just write a letter to my new cardiologist instead. I'm getting transferred back to Rotorua as Rotorua now has A cardiologist, my cardiologist tells me that he trained him and that he is very good but he has a lot to live up to compare to my old cardiologist Who are been under most of my life. I'm not the biggest fan of Rotorua Hospital in general so I am a bit worried about been transferred back to them ( I will see have my transplant team in Auckland though). On top of that my old cardiologist said that Rotorua really needs two cardiologists and that he thinks we may have overloaded him with too much patience, too much patience means he is less time for me less time for me means my health gets put on the back burner.

I Am very sad to see my present cardiologist retire , he's has been my cardiologist for as long as I can remember and gone beyond the call of duty for me. When he told me I needed A heart transplant it was his day off and had another doctor looking after's patience but he came in on his day off to see me because he didn't want just any old doctor telling me that I needed a transplant. He has been like a second father to me, how can you not form a close relationship with someone such as a doctor that is been with you through life and death situations. He's been at my bedside at my sickest and wiped away my tears for me, he's seen me at my healthiest and celebrated life with me. My cardiologist has seen me grow up from the child to a horrible teenager ( I really was a hopeless teenager and the most disobedient patient out)  to where I am today.

411 on me 
Still in AF
Still have issues with fluid around the lungs
Still have shortness of breath & Dissness 
I can add leaky value to the list now 
Low Kidney function ( to much meds) 
Still anaemia (but they are going to have me some iron through IV)  


Doctors are working on the AF thing but have been for million years so I won't hold my breath, that hopefully should help get ride of the dizziness and shortness of breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment